This Months Challenge

Ending 30/07/2013:
Pick a book off your shelves that you have yet to read (or that you wish to re-read) that falls into the category: Set in a completely fictional world
Example Authors: Feist, Tolkien, Terry Pratchett, David Gemmell

Saturday 9 February 2013

Book for the Month

I've decided what I'm going to read! Seeing as though I spoiled it by reading Perks too quickly.

 Goodreads Summary: When Lyra's friend Roger disappears, she and her dæmon, (pronounced 'demon') Pantalaimon, determine to find him. The ensuing quest leads them to the bleak splendour of the North, where armoured bears rule the ice and witch-queens fly through the frozen skies - and where a team of scientists is conducting experiments too horrible to be spoken about.

Lyra overcomes these strange terrors, only to find something yet more perilous waiting for her - something with consequences which may even reach beyond the Northern Lights...


I've never read this, and it's been sat on my shelf for two years now. My dad's read this though, and he really liked it, which is funny because he was 33 when this came out (but I'm 22 and still read young adult, just don't expect it of my dad lol).

I'm looking forward to reading this, if only because I've heard such good things about it so far.

From the poll it's looking like everyone's interested in young adult haha, but I'm not sure I have enough young adult books on my shelf! Reckon I'm going to have to get creative with the genres :).

No comments:

Post a Comment